Saturday, August 25, 2012

OMG SO GOOD Oatmeal Craisin cookies

So, I was browsing the interwebs today for a "small batch" cookie dough. I wanted to make cookies, but didn't want to be overrun by them. Plus I forgot the flour I bought the other day in the trunk of my car and was too lazy to go get it, so I wanted to keep it limited to the flour I had on hand in the house. Necessity and laziness are the mothers of all inventions. Hence, these cookies. I found a recipe that I loosely adapted for these cookies (I'm out of chocolate chips STILL). It wasn't exactly a small batch (this made about 2 1/2 dozen), but definitely yummy! Ready? GO!




Ingredients:

1/2 cup butter, softened (1 stick)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp lemon extract
1 egg
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 packet instant maple brown sugar oatmeal
1 packet instant plain oatmeal

Directions:

Preheat oven to 375ยบ.

Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add extracts and egg and mix. Add remaining ingredients and stir until just combined. Drop onto cookie sheet by tablespoonfuls, bake 8-11 minutes, or until cookies just BARELY begin to brown. Enjoy with a nice cold glass of milk!






No comments:

Post a Comment