Wednesday, September 12, 2012

High Class Cookies

I don't know a single person who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but even vegans have found a way to make one for themselves. I happen to especially love chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. These put the "class" in "classic." 



Ingredients:

1/2 cup browned butter (1 stick) (See this site if you need instructions)
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp applesauce
1/2 cup + 2tbsp flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp sea salt, plus more for sprinkling on top
1/2 tsp cinnamon
Dash nutmeg (scant 1/4 tsp)
Dash cloves (scant 1/4 tsp)
2 packets cinnamon spice instant oatmeal
1/2 to 3/4 cup chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350ยบ.

Brown butter on the stove (see directions linked above if you have never done this before), let cool a bit once done. Add to a large mixing bowl with sugars and mix well. As long as butter is cooled to close to room temperature, add egg, vanilla and applesauce. Add remaining ingredients and mix until just combined. Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a baking sheet (my measuring spoons are rounded, so I just used that and dropped half-spheres onto the baking sheet). There is no need to flatten the cookies, they'll spread to exactly the right level while baking. Sprinkle with sea salt. Bake for 8-11 minutes. Enjoy one fresh out of the oven and be careful not to burn yourself. Do as I say, not as I do. This blister on the roof of my mouth will heal nicely.. Eventually.. It was SO worth it though. 


Try to resist the urge. I dare you. Let me know how that works out for you. Because it won't. I guarantee it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment