Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins

I don't know about you, but my FAVORITE season is fall. It's caramel apple cider, sitting by a fire and watching the storms hit season. It's also the season that people start cooking awesome things again because it's finally cooled off enough to do so. The first thing I start seeing is PUMPKIN. Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin. It's good in a pie, and a few select other things, but normally, I pass on it. These however.. The pumpkin cuts down on the sweetness of the cake mix, and gives it almost a marshmallow texture! They're definitely not the prettiest things I've ever made but they are definitely one of the tastier. 

This recipe started out as an attempt to make a recipe I've seen floating around on Pinterest.. One box of cake mix + one can of pumpkin = epic muffins. Yeah, that didn't work out so well. So, I  made some adjustments.. Ready for this? 



Ingredients:

1 box chocolate fudge cake mix (I used Betty Crocker)
1 can of pumpkin (15oz, NOT pumpkin pie filling)
3 eggs
1/4 cup sour cream
1/4 cup applesauce
1 cup chocolate chips
1 cup old fashioned oatmeal

Directions:

Preheat oven to 325ยบ. 

Combine all ingredients until just well mixed. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. You may need to re-try if you hit a chocolate chip. Let them cool in the pan for at least a few minutes, they're like little pillows when you first take them out, so if you don't want to mangle them, you'll need to let them rest. 


See how fluffy they are? Marshmallow-y, chocolate-y, and YUM. 

No comments:

Post a Comment