Sunday, February 19, 2012

Blonde Moment Anyone?

I made these because my husband had somehow made it 30 years without ever even HEARING of a blonde brownie, let alone trying one. Turns out, he's not a huge fan, but he's also all about his chocolate. These are delicious, chewy and brown-sugary goodness! 



They've got chocolate chips on top, and my version also has chocolate syrup as well, just to give it that nice extra touch. You can find the original version of the recipe here. The only changes I made to this one was the addition of a chocolate-y drizzle and less chocolate chips. Here's my version:

Ingredients

  • 2/3 cup Butter
  • 2 cups packed Brown Sugar
  • 2 teaspoons Vanilla
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
  • 2 teaspoons Baking Powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips
  • Chocolate syrup or ice cream topping as desired
Directions

Preheat oven to 350ยบ. Grease the bottom of a 13"x9" pan. Cooking spray or butter will work, I used butter flavored cooking spray. Everyone's got to compromise, right? 

 Beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla until well-blended. Add eggs and beat until combined. Beat in flour, baking powder and salt until combined.

Spread into the greased pan. Drizzle chocolate sauce over the top, I like to make pretty little swirls with it. There isn't really a specific amount to add, but keep in mind that the areas that the chocolate is on won't rise as much as the rest of the brownies, so don't COVER it. Sprinkle the chocolate chips evenly over the top. 

Bake 25-30 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.



The original recipe says to cool completely, but really, WHO LETS THEM COOL COMPLETELY BEFORE TRYING? Not me, that's for sure! There are very few things that I can wait for them to cool before I dig in. Fortunately for me, that's all I generally eat of them. Unfortunately, this particular recipe was an exception to that. Along with the Molasses Cookies

Once I get around to making these again, hopefully soon, I'll post some pictures of my version, not just the default pictures from the Betty Crocker site! 

No comments:

Post a Comment