Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Whipped Sunrise

It's been a long week. I mean like, I'm really feelin' the extra day today. I don't even care that it's an extra day in the YEAR, not of the week, it's been long already. So when this recipe popped up on my Facebook from Smirnoff this afternoon, I was pretty excited. The original recipe can be found on their Facebook page

I don't generally keep pineapple juice on hand, mostly because I'm the only one in the house that will drink it, and, well, it won't go very fast. I do generally have orange juice though. Oh, yet again, another improvisation out of lack of the right ingredients and of will to head to the grocery store for ONE LOUSY ITEM. Not that I haven't done it before, because I have. A lot. Anyways. There are two versions of this. The original, which is a Whipped Sunrise, and the kid-friendly version, the Foggy Sunrise. 

Isn't it gorgeous? Credit to Smirnoff for this one!

Whipped Sunrise:

1 1/2 oz whipped cream vodka (I used Pinnacle, don't tell Smirnoff that!)
3 oz sour mix
2 oz orange juice (or pineapple if you want to do as the original says)
1/2 oz grenadine

Put everything except grenadine into a shaker filled with ice and shake until very cold. Pour into a martini glass (or be classy like me and just dump it all into a highball glass, ice and all!). Add about 1/2 oz grenadine to the top. Grenadine will sink to the bottom. Top with whipped cream if you're fancy (and have whipped cream, which I don't..). 




Variation:
Foggy Sunrise:

1/2 oz half & half
3 oz sour mix
3 oz orange or pineapple juice
1/2 oz grenadine

See above for instructions. 

Enjoy! I know I will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment