Sunday, April 1, 2012

Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies

So, I discovered this afternoon as I was getting things ready for Molasses Cookies that.. I'M OUT OF MOLASSES! I'm not sure how that happened, but it did. *SIGH*. I'm really in a cookie-making mood tonight, and I had to figure something else out. Besides, I need to test my new mixer out on a stiffer dough! After browsing the interwebs, I came up with a chocolate-chocolate chip cookie recipe. I have some oats I needed to use before they went stale, so what better way? OH YES. Chocolate, chocolate chip, and oatmeal cookies. YYUUMM!! 


Since it's past my bedtime already, I'll get to the point.


Ingredients:


1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
2 1/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1/2 cup oats (you can put more, by all means, this was just all that I had left)


Directions:


Preheat oven to 375ยบ. Grease baking sheet(s). If you have a GOOD nonstick sheet, you may not need to. I have one good and one not so good, and the not-so-good sheet EVERYTHING stuck to, even with me greasing it after the first batch. The good sheet though, only one or two cookies stuck the entire time (and I made a double batch..). 


Mix the butter, sugars, vanilla, eggs and cocoa powder together until well blended. Dump the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt on top of the wet ingredients and gently blend with your fingers. Mix in the dry ingredients until well blended. Fold in the chocolate chips and oats.


Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the greased baking sheets. Bake for about 10 minutes. These are a bit tougher than regular chocolate chip cookies to determine if they're done since they don't "brown", but if you bake cookies at all, you'll know. 




The results? Nice chewy, gooey, chocolatey goodness. MMMM. These are sure to a be a hit with the coworkers tomorrow. Gee, they're so lucky to have someone who bakes for them all the time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment