Sunday, June 17, 2012

White Sangria

My first attempt at salted caramel cupcakes (and a few thereafter) were such HUGE hits that I decided to play with it a bit. Not a lot, but enough that it warranted another blog about it. Chocolate + salted caramel = can't be too bad unless you're diabetic and/or have heart problems, right?


Anyways, I needed something spectacular to go with and off-set the sweetness of my chocolate salted caramel cupcakes. The hubs is a sangria fan, and I love the fruits that generally go into a white sangria. And ginger ale. MMM.. So, I decided it was time to give it a go.






Ingredients:


1/2 of a ripe nectarine, chunked
1/2 of an orange, chunked
3-4 LARGE strawberries, chunked
10-15 ripe raspberries
4-6 Rainier cherries, halved and pitted
1/4 c sugar or Splenda
1 small lemon (or half of a large), sliced thinly and de-seeded
1 750ml bottle of white wine (I used Kestrel Pure Platinum)
Ginger ale / Club Soda / Lemon-lime soda


Directions:


Toss fruit into a glass pitcher. Add sugar, toss to coat. Add wine, cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. You *can* drink it right away, but it won't be nearly as good as if you let the fruit and wine meld. When ready to serve, add gingerale. The ratio should be about 1/2 to 2/3 wine : 1/3 to 1/2 soda, depending on how much of the wine you want to taste. I do about half and half. Add ice and serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment